Loved this one!
“…I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way
than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep….”
- Sonnet XVII – Pablo Neruda. (sesqloq.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: 100 Love Sonnets/Cien Sonetos de Amor by Pablo Neruda (persephonemagazine.com)
- quote du jour ~neruda – i love you… (pathwriter.wordpress.com)
- Love by Neruda… (wordvein.wordpress.com)
- EVERYTHING EXISTS IN THE WORD, Pablo Neruda (musingbymoonlight.com)
- Loving, Between the Shadow and the Soul (caffeinatedsonnets.com)
- Sara Habein’s #CBR5 Review #2: 100 Love Sonnets/Cien Sonetos de Amor by Pablo Neruda (cannonballread5.wordpress.com)
- The Only Way to Love (justwriteaway1000blog.wordpress.com)